Raining then pouring (RROD)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So, both my 360's have RROD on the same day. I'd like to believe it was something to do with a power surge, either that or the occult.

Since one of them was modded I've had to bin it.
    Still don't know what to do with the normal one. I'm thinking about just selling it as broke with the return details (whatever they are). IMO PC gaming is getting better now, Quake Wars is fantastic and next month Orange Box is released which are going to take up all my gaming time.

There just isn't a 360 game that has pulled me in yet. Blue Dragon is my fave but it's just so boring now. Halo 3 might bring me back, a new Panzer Dragoon would too. Still got no chance of getting an internet connection to it either. Might be better off selling it and buying some more junk off Steam.

Decisions :eek:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Get it fixed and then sell it. Wont cost you anything extra.

But yeah, it must have been a power surge or some such for two to go in one day.

I dont know why I'm lucky or fortunate because all the 360's I've had (3 so far including the one I traded up for the Elite for) never had any real serious problems.

Strange my friend. But yeah I'd suggest getting it repaired and then sell it if you must.

By the way...... The 'modded' one you had to scrap. I'm looking for a cheap second hand 20gb HDD for my core ;) If you have it for sale drop me a PM :)

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Or it may have something to do with the 30% defect rate and nothing to do with a power surge.

Having quality hardware goes a long ways, just ask Nintendo and Sony as neither of them are billions in the red and digging deeper in to the red as MS has been DEEP in the red for two generations.

MS should have thought twice before allowing such shoddy hardware to be used in the manufacturing process of the 360.

Ed

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

There was no HDD on that one. I dunno about the other drive though, my bro might be having that. Still keeping the controllers :D fantastic of MS to let them be used on computers too.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It's not as if Sony's track record is perfect… note the exploding batteries, and the enormous failure rate of the PS2. ;)

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Funny but you can take both those issues and its still not as bad as the 30% defect rate in the 360's :eek: :p

You're right no company is perfect, but MS could have done a lot more than they did to prevent a 30% defect rate. That many systems failing is more than unacceptable.

Ed

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, I'm thinking about getting a replacement then selling it locally.

Between a Wii and PC I'm sorted for games now. I've become re-addicted to the FPS genre :eek:

GTA might pull me back if it's not released on PC.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

A week after you sell it you'll be kicking yourself for some Halo 3 lovein ;)

10. Scott982 macrumors member

Scott982

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought that. But Quake Wars and TF2 :eek: I can still play my bro's 360. Awesome thing is he's got addicted to work and even goes in on Sunday. Just need the courage (disinfectant) to enter his room.

That's the second thing we tried! First being putting the 360 in the fridge for a few hours :eek: