raise your hand if you passed on the penryn update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PAUL BRIAN, Oct 12, 2008.

  1. PAUL BRIAN macrumors member

    Feb 27, 2008
    *hand raised

    february 2008...damn it was a long wait now that i look back at it... but it looks like my patience is finally going to pay off :D can't wait until tuesday. even if it isn't immediately released whats a couple more weeks.
  2. David N macrumors member

    Jan 22, 2008
    The Land of Milk & Honey

    I passed on it too... Now I'm trying to sell mine locally, think $1700 is a fair price?

    Edit: 2.2ghz 15", 4gb ram, 120gb hard drive... February version too :(
  3. uiop. macrumors 68020


    Jul 22, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I didn't. I got my MacBook Pro on July 7. I probably would have waited if I knew they were going to do a redesign. :(
    Oh well, for my first Mac, this is working just fine for me.

    Hmm I think that's a tad high. Maybe $1500-$1600.
  4. Kaupa macrumors regular

    Apr 16, 2008
    You should pass Montevina too if you are smart! Nehalem is arriveing:rolleyes:
  5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

    Feb 4, 2008
    I got one five weeks before the mid-2007 update, which I think included the LED screens. Eh, I needed it for work within the week. Still works pretty darn well. You can only slightly tell that it's that old because of the CPU speed. An extra 400 or so megahertz would be nice, but Apple must put Blu-ray on one before I drop down another $1800.
  6. P Mentior macrumors regular

    Sep 20, 2008
    You do know that the new Macbooks will be Penryn right? Montevina is the new Centrino Platform not the processor. Nehalem will be the next CPU but that wont be arriving until late 2009 at the earliest. So if you are planning on getting the new ones after the 14th you will be getting a Penryn.
  7. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

    Apr 6, 2008
    Downtown San Diego
    Prolly $1300-1400 I would think, since Apple's likely to sell Penryn refurbs around the $1500-1600 mark. FWIW I bought my Penryn, brand new, for $1815 total shipped back in April.

    That said it doesn't hurt to try. Certainly have heard stories of people fetching prices that make no sense in the world of things Apple.
  8. 204467 macrumors 6502a


    Jul 13, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I passed on the update. But then again, I don't intend on getting a laptop for quite a few years, two at the very least, so yeah...
  9. Firanide macrumors member

    Mar 4, 2007
    That's a fair price in Canadia. At the moment it's ≈$1450 USD.

    Also, I've passed on every upgrade since the original Core Duos. Never been in the market for a new one until now.
  10. cherry su macrumors 65816

    cherry su

    Feb 28, 2008
    *raises hand*

    not replacing the original until 2010 (or beyond) when i go to college…going to wait for USB3 and finalized 802.11n (and a non cutting-edge along the palmrest!)
  11. 4fingered macrumors member

    Aug 13, 2008
    *raises hand

    yeah I passed on it. hopping for some signifigant updates this tuesday but if not I'm still getting one. Although my power mac G5 is signifigant for right now I want to switch mobile and have boot camp. also HD is tough on this thing. I'm thinking $1000 to sell locally including a 17inch monitor? what you guys think?
  12. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
    I bought mine the first day of the Penryn update. I was great. Not only do I not get uneasy waiting, I also don't have to deal with the projected chiclet keys.
  13. deriko100 macrumors 6502

    Jul 29, 2008
    New York
    Never had one going for the new ones hope its QUALITY GOOD not like the iphone 3g with the light leaks, cracks, etc. Apple better or ill go to cupertino and go choke steve jobs lol

Share This Page