Raised Plastic Bezel iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duk, Oct 20, 2011.

1. duk macrumors regular

The glass is slightly lower (not flush) than the plastic bezel around it on my new iPhone 4s. Although this may seem like no big deal, it actually is pretty irritating during a phone call, as the edge of the plastic bezel kinda digs into my ear.
    How is everyone else's bezel, flush? slightly raised glass? Or slightly recessed glass like mine?
    Trying to decide if getting a replacement is a waste of time (meaning theyre all like this).
    Thanks.

2. PaulyD macrumors 6502

This is one of the first things I noticed on mine as well, the glass is slightly recessed against the bezel. Thought nothing of it to be honest. Got a white 32gb and came from a black 16gb iP4 which as far as I am aware was flush

3. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine is level but it has a dent is the corner. It doesn't really bother me as long as it doesn't cause a problem later on.

4. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

it will do if you want to sell it....

5. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

mine is raised, made putting a protector skin on the back of the phone a total nightmare.

6. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

Mine is raised, dont mind it at all. Hopefully it helps protect against direct impact that caused all the cracked glass screens/backs.

7. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah I thought about that. I always end up passing them on to my wife so it shouldn't matter. This is my second 4s. I swapped my first because the screen was off center and was driving me nuts.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

My original 4 was flush, but when I broke the screen a few months ago and had it repaired, the new one had the glass recessed from the bezel a bit. May have been a mid-model change on the 4's?

Doesn't bother me.

9. duk thread starter macrumors regular

Away from comp. Can't post pics yet.
    Sounds like this may be pretty common.
    My ip4 was flush. I do agree with some of the previous comments, that this could be helpful in the event of an accidental drop.
    My other concerns are bad signal and crude battery life, but that seems to be a common problem as well.