raiseman error

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by medasmx, Nov 9, 2008.

1. medasmx macrumors member

I am using the Hillegass book, and when running the first part of RaiseMan, I get the following message on the console --

2008-11-09 15:41:01.779 RaiseMan2[2547:10b] Cannot create BOOL from object <_NSControllerObjectProxy: 0x16c2f0> of class _NSControllerObjectProxy

The only boolean statement is the following--

- (BOOL)readFromData:(NSData *)data ofType:(NSString *)typeName error:(NSError **)outError

which happens in MyDocument.m. I scanned through the program to come up with typo's, and reviewed steps with the interface builder. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Adam

2. lee1210 macrumors 68040

lee1210

Based on what you've provided it's pretty tough to say exactly what went wrong. However, you should look for:
    The predicate of any if, do/while, for loop:
    Do they have something that will evaluate to a BOOL? I don't think this sort of check is done, so this probably isn't it (if you used an object in one of these predicates it's likely going to be the same as checking if that object != nil, but... just check to be sure)

Do you call any methods that expect a BOOL argument, and you are instead passing them an object? I'm not sure how big this program is, but you may have to scour essentially every class/instance method invocation for the argument types it is expecting, and see if in any case you are passing in an Object.

-Lee

3. jtamboli macrumors newbie

I found the solution at http://techstra.bignerdranch.com/ under the second comment by Chris Searle.

Essentially, make sure when you're setting up the binding for the Array Controller, you set the Content Array binding in the Controller Content section, not anything under the Availability section.