Raising up my Powerbook.. iCurve?

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I noticed that when I sit in my nice big comfy desk chair I am often craning my neck to look down at my Powerbook screen resulting in some uncomfortable back pain. I want to get something that raises the computer up significantly so that the screen is at eye level. I've looked at the Griffin iCurve but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I want. Are there any other similar products out there that raise up the computer? Can any iCurve users give me some testimonials?

Thanks!

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I'm purchasing a wireless keyboard so typing while the computer is raised is not an issue. I also wanted to add that I am hesistant of the iCurve because it doesn't look very stable. Is it?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Fourbin said:
I'm purchasing a wireless keyboard so typing while the computer is raised is not an issue. I also wanted to add that I am hesistant of the iCurve because it doesn't look very stable. Is it?
My coworker bought one for his personal PB and really likes it - it is completely stable, but it wobbles/shakes if you type on it. However, it does a nice job of raising and tilting the display as well as keeping it cool. I'm sure there are similar or better products, but my coworker really likes his.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
the iCurve is good, i personally got a Podium Pad, i wanted to be able to rotate/turn my book as i can with this while having it raised a bit higher, i didnt need or like the height of the iCurve at the time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.