Rally fans gathering

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macmacguy, Sep 26, 2014.

1. macmacguy macrumors regular

Are there any rally fans here?

I saw a Formula 1 motorsport related thread, and many other sports. What about rallying? We can discuss anything, from WRC to local competitions, from historical to modern cars, etc.

2. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I'd like to be a fan, but there's a dearth of coverage in the US.

3. macmacguy thread starter macrumors regular

I know, in the US you are more attracted to Nascar, Indy, Drag racing, Drift maybe, because they're everywhere.

Personally, I don't find any pleasure in watching cars on a circuit, doing the same stuff over and over again, on the same surface. Rallying is more complex, 2-3-4 days, about 12-14 hours per day to stay focused as a pilot and copilot, different surfaces, different altitudes, different weather conditions, it's way more thrilling and intense than any other motorsport.

But rallying lost some of its fame, and now it's struggling to gain it back.

4. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Don't get me wrong - I have seen it, I like it, I just can't watch it now, it's not on TV here as far as I can tell.

I've watched F1 for many many years now, I've wanted to follow Rally but to no avail.

I even have my DVR set up to record any any racing with "rally" in the title and I've yet to see any FIA Rally programming, just weird US-style rallying (which is usually desert driving with 4x4 trucks).

If anyone has any pointers to coverage, let me know...

5. macmacguy thread starter macrumors regular

They developed this feature, WRC Plus, I hope I don't break any rule if I talk about it. I'm not an advertiser. You simply go to their website , create an account, and for 4.99 euros/month you have access to highlights, event reviews, onboards for each stage and almost for each crew. The greatest part happens when there is an event ongoing. They have live streaming from some stages and many other features. It's a shame that this is currently the only way to access full content about the event, I tried a lot to figure out a way to watch this content for free, but not anymore.
    I am subscribed to their services and for that amount of money, it's a great deal.

This is a way for you to reconnect with quality content of world class rallying.