RAM assistance

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rlee, Jul 29, 2009.

1. rlee macrumors newbie

I have a 2.4 GHZ intel core duo 24" iMac. I just ordered some upgraded memory from a palce called ' memory upgrade.pro'.

Ive tried the support line to no avail so Im hoping i can get help here. The specs on what I ordered is this: 4GB memory 2x 2GB MB413G/A PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz SO-DIMM. However, when I installed it - my computer did not turn on.

The data written on the new memory stick itself reads: 2GB 2rX8 PC2-6400s-666-12-FO.

I was hoping some a lot smarter than me can tell me if A. I got what I ordered or B. I ordered the wrong thing or C. Im an idiot and installing it incorrectly.

Thanks so much in advance for any help

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

You should have bought from OWC where they will show you which RAM you need for your computer and guarantee compatibility with your Mac.

Don't bother fighting this RAM. Just send it back for a refund.

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I think it might have been an installation issue. Did you insert the memory all the way in? It takes some pressure.

5. rlee thread starter macrumors newbie

I used their so called compatability sytem and this is what they suggested. The stick are gaurunteed for life

As for the installation - I pushed it in until i heard a click. I reinstalled the old memory to make sure I was doing it correctly and it worked fine.

Im stumped - argh! It bothers me even more when I cant get a hold of these guys customer support

6. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

The RAM is defective, return it for a refund and buy from a trusted seller like Macsales.com or Crucial.com.