Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K2`

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
is there a list of brands and stuff for ram that is compatible with my 12" 1.33 pb?

TIA

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
No.

Apple does not certify third party RAM.

The problems with maintaining an unofficial list, is that if someone says "Acme #12345 from NewEggOutpostDiscounter.com worked in my Powerbook" are:

1) It is valid for that particular RAM and that person's particular Powerbook model and revision only

2) Generic RAM is likely to change in configuration over time without notice, but retaining the same model number - different board design and/or different chips makes previous compatibility reports meaningless.

Your best defence is to purchase from a reputable RAM seller who tests their RAM on Macs and guarantees compatibility in writing with your specific model Mac.

macorama

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
is there a list of brands and stuff for ram that is compatible with my 12" 1.33 pb?
No, but if you go to crucial.com for example, you can select based on your exact model, and they guarantee it will work. I've never had any problems buying from them, and it's so much cheaper than from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.