Ram Dilemma

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJAKO, Jan 27, 2008.

  1. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2006
    Location:
    Michigan
    #1
    I have a pre santa rosa MBP C2D with the stock 2GB of RAM. I wanted to upgrade my laptop to at least 3GB of RAM.

    I was thinking about picking up a stick of http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134549 which seems like a pretty good deal.

    Do you think it's better to go to just the 3GB and lose the dual channel, or toss in another 2GB stick which would only render around 3.3 GB due to pre santa rosa.

    Trying to decide if I can justify another 40 some dollars for .3 GB more lol
     
  2. DJAKO thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2006
    Location:
    Michigan
    #2
    Just got back from the store and bought a 2GB chip. Tossed it in and now I'm running at 3GB :D
     
  3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    #3
    I'm waiting for prices to drop further before moving to 4gb. If they don't drop, that's fine. If they do, that'll be cool. :cool:
     
  4. DJAKO thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2006
    Location:
    Michigan
    #4
    How much more do you want it to drop too? 2 x 2GB sticks aren't that expensive.
     
  5. ayeying macrumors 601

    ayeying

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2007
    Location:
    Yay Area, CA
    #5
    2x2GB sticks usually run, on sale, about $40 w/ shipping + tax. Thats pretty cheap already. IMO, you can't go wrong with more ram.
     
  6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    #6
    If they come down to $20 or $30 each (without rebates), I might spring for it. I already have 2gb though, which is plenty on Tiger, so if the drop doesn't happen, I'll live. The real fun will come with hard drives, which only get cheaper as the months go by. :D
     

Share This Page