RAM failure and BT issues after Leopard upgrade on PB 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ydmusic, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ydmusic macrumors newbie

I don't know how related they are, but I have "lost" the lower RAM slot and am unable to pair to my BT headset after upgrading to Leopard on my 1.5Ghz PB 15".

I am fully updated to 10.5.2 and have checked all permissions, etc. After swapping the upper to lower RAM and vice versa, it is always the lower slot which appears as "empty" on system profiler. I ran hardware test, and interestingly, the warning message seems to point to the upper slot: 2MEM/3/4:SODIMM/J25UPPER

Can anyone decipher this warning message? Are my memory slots beginning to fail? Does this happen often to Powerbooks?

Also, since updating to Leopard, my built-in BT does'nt see my BT headset anymore. I have tried to re-pair the devices, but it is not being detected in the BT setup assistant. Any tips?

Thanks for all your help.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Lower slot failure is a known issue on some Powerbook 15" models. There is no fix other than replacement of the logic board. Apple had a warranty extension program for certain serial number ranges, would be worth calling an AASP and checking it out.