Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghanakidd

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Okay,

What's up with .Ram files (streaming audio supported under the RealPlayer software platform)? One thing I've been trying to do is play .ram files from a few websites I really like and the RealPlayer install I have for OS Tiger 10.4 doesn't seem to play any of them? It's the latest version so I dunno.

I access all of these files online, which is important to mention because I've been thinking about just accessing these files via Window XP (the way I used to before I switched to the MBPro). However, that also opens my computer to all the Windows virus/malware BS I bought my MBP in order to avoid in the first place.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also, any recommendations on software for recording audio from the system sound card (recording exactly what your computer is playing directly to the HDD)?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
.ram files should work. One thing you can try is to open RealPlayer first, then download or open the .ram file. Sometimes file associations can get b0rked under Tiger, and this often clears up the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.