RAM for 24" iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by freeman24, Jun 1, 2007.

1. freeman24 Guest

Aug 14, 2006
    Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting a 2GB kit for my 24" iMac and of course i was going to go straight to Crucial as i know it will work at at £60 its really a good deal. But i just came across this on ebuyer

Its £49.99 but you get £10 off with google checkout. I'm wondering if this will work with the iMac.. its the same speed etc but i thought i would double check before i take the plunge.

Thanks Guys!!
  2. topgunn macrumors 65816

Nov 5, 2004
    Won't work. These are full-size DIMMS. The iMac requires SO-DIMMS which are primarily intended for notebooks. They are typically more expensive, too.
  3. freeman24 thread starter Guest

Aug 14, 2006
    lol thanks! good job i double checked.. im new to the Mac so please forgive my ignorance. :)
  4. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Aug 5, 2005
    yep that stylish enclosure comes at a price, the components cost more!

i have 2gig in my 24"er and she flys - until i launch photoshop and my ibook starts to look like a speed demon. :(

cruicial is usually a good bet.

5. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

Apr 20, 2005
    Get it from Other World Computing...www.macsales.com or TransIntl.com

I get all my RAM from them...it's a no brainer and much less expensive...

You can get a 3GB kit (1 2GB and 1 1GB) from transintl for around $165.

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2007
    Southampton UK
  7. freeman24 thread starter Guest

Aug 14, 2006
    Wow! cheers for those websites.. its great they ship to UK.. i can get 3GB for £97 With Delivery! Bargain! on Crucial its £170!

Just got to hope they wont catch me with import Tax.. But Fedx have been very good every time ive had them!

8. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2006
    Let me know how that goes!

Quick question, will Santa Rosa use DDR2 or DDR3?
  9. chipchen macrumors 6502

Oct 30, 2002
    According to Wikipedia... same DDR2 RAM we're seeing today. But don't start buying RAM for it just yet.
  10. autechre macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2007
    I was looking at getting extra memory when I get my iMac. I noticed that Transintl.com has the Samsung 2GB stick for $22 less than OWC. Does anyone here know which is better to do business with? If I could save a few bucks, that would be cool. However, unless I'm missing something, I don't see anything on Transintl.com about the warranty behind the memory. I'm assuming it's lifetime?:)