Ram for 24" white iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by queshy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I have a C2D, 24" iMac (white).

This looks like a great deal on memory. Will this be ok? Or should I just go with OWC? And does it matter that it's "notebook memory"?
    Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You'll find answers to this and many other commonly asked questions under the Guides tab at the top of this page:

3. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

Looks to me like it should work just fine. OWC is a great place to buy ram, but you might also want to check out dealram.com.

4. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Thanks for the reply!

I actually read those guides already, but still wanted to be sure since this seems "too good to be true". Everywhere else around where I live, the ram is way more expensive.

I'll just try it out. Failure to work = return! Yay for nice return policies!

5. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Hehe, bought the ram, literally takes 2 minutes to install in an iMac. After so many people bash the iMac for its un-upgradeability, it took me over an hour to put ram into my old HP media center because the ram slots were buried deeply behind tons of other stuff. Ridiculously simple. I can;t believe I actually have paid apple to do this in the past....$150 for an extra gig of ram...what a bad move.

Advice for future Mac buyers: add the ram yourself. It's really not as hard as you might think. For an iMac you need a regular-old screw driver and about 2 minutes of time!

BTW, going from 2-->3.3 GB shouldn't feel like a big difference, but my computer feels a lot snappier. My bet is that it's 80% psychological haha