RAM for iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cujoca, Apr 19, 2009.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Hey everyone!

I have a white 20" iMac core 2 duo and it has 2GB of RAM and I've been advised by numerous people to max it out. According to apple, the max amount of RAM is 3GB, but thanks to the folks at MacRumors for finding out that it's actually 3.33GB (2x2). Since RAM is so dirt cheap these days i'm going to upgrade it and i've read that OWC has a great reputation, so i've been looking there and i found these two almost identical sets of 2x2 GB RAM and I was wondering if you folks could lend me a helping hand and tell me which one to buy...or if you recommend any other type of RAM.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other.../53IM2DDR4GBK/

OR

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other.../53C4DDR2P4GB/

Thanks!

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if you have any questions on compatibility, go to www.crucial.com and use the system scanner on your iMac...

3. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

that would be all well said and done buy i want to buy my RAM from OWC.
    One more question, since I live in Canada, and the RAM would be coming from the States do I have to pay duty?

4. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

You can buy the RAM from the grocery store if you want. But the Crucial scanner will confirm the RAM specs for you.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...that's all I was trying to say...

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Just don't order from Crucial, they're a rip-off. They price their RAM based on the cookies from your browser, to get the most money off you.