ram from 2010 mbp fit mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chinhiphone, Dec 1, 2010.

1. chinhiphone macrumors regular

Got an 8gb ram upgrade for my 2010 mbp but will mu old 4gb fit in my sisters aluminum macbook? She has 2gb now

2. bestestever macrumors newbie

Yes

To double check get on her macbook and click the apple logo and click about this mac, make sure hers already has 1066/1067 MHz DDR3

If so yes will work 100%.

3. chinhiphone thread starter macrumors regular

it says 1067 so thats why i asked but thanks!

4. pjskeleton macrumors newbie

Even better, you could not give her the RAM, go to www.macsales.com , get a nice $30-40 for it, and buy yourself a cool Mac-related thing, because unless she's doing really serious and intensive stuff (i.e gaming in Boot Camp or heavy Photoshop/Soundbooth/Premier Pro/etc), nobody needs more than 2GB of RAM. I have 8GB of 1333MHz RAM in my Macbook and I barely go over half of that except when doing a full Time Machine backup, which notoriously sucks resources.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

:confused:

My PowerBook G4 goes over its 2 GB RAM all the time doing just mundane normal tasks. So did my MacBook before I upgraded it. Even you apparently go over 4 GB sometimes, and yet you say no one ever needs more than 2 GB.

Also, selling your RAM back to OWC for a fraction of what it's worth to buy yourself some little gadget or application for your Mac when you could just as easily make your sister's Mac better just seems spiteful to me.

6. bestestever macrumors newbie

HAHAHA, your full of something if you think that the average person only needs 2 gigs of ram.

Look here my friend..

Attached Files:

7. chinhiphone thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help guys...

I had already planned on giving her my ram... Even if she doesn't come near 2gb now, 30-40 bucks isn't much.. I rather give the ram to her in case down the line she starts to do something that will require more