RAM...good time to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JesterJJZ, Dec 27, 2008.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I'm thinking about adding more RAM to my MacPro. Anyone know if there are any price drops supposed to happen anytime soon or anything? Or should I just get it now.

2. rodal126 macrumors newbie

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been watching the prices of the OWC's MP ram since 12/1 and it has been constantly decreasing... up until the 26th it has increased by a buck.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well prices are going up due to lower supply, so if you expect to need the RAM I guess it's a good time to buy.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Now is a great time to buy RAM, prices (especially for Mac Pro RAM) have really fallen. :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Which is it boys? :)

I've only seen the ram prices dropping, but I have no evidence to support my statement ... and I don't need it because it is the internet and everything on the internet is true.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I found the bet time to buy RAM, and I am not being sarcastic, is when I need it. Price aside, when I needed it it was bought. sometimes high while other times low. My recommendation is to wait until Tuesday, when the new prices are normally set.
    Many Si based companies are scaling back wafer starts which generally makes for lower inventories and higher prices. Just a thought tho.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

As far as I can tell, the RAM prices are low right now. I have been watching the price for RAM for the current Mac Pro & the current model iMac and prices are at the lowest I remember seeing (at least according to www.datamem.com ) :)

8. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

its pretty cheap so unless you can pick it up from a broken mac off ebay with a broken screen or something which is what i usually do then buy now :)