Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paymonGT

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Hello, I have a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Black Macbook with 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (stock). I am looking to max out the RAM (which I am not sure what that is, is it 2GB or 3GB?) and I imminently need to upgrade my HD as well, as I am down to 13GB of space of left, and probably need more than that this summer with an exam I have coming up that will require some space. Anyways....HD size, I am sure 250GB will serve the life of this machine, but I'll probably pay a few bucks more for a larger one (I also only want Internal). As for RAM, I would like to max it out. I have heard it can handle 3GB (so 2x2GB chips), but according to crucial.com, it says 2GB max?

Any suggestions you guys have in terms of quality brands and the best (cheapest, safest) places to buy them from.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
A simple search will give you the answers your looking for. There are TONS of threads on the same issue.
To find out about your memory check this out
3 threads under yours is another one about RAM. Try searching in the future first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.