RAM issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gavmcguinness, Jan 22, 2013.

1. gavmcguinness macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    Just received my new 2x4GB RAM for my 2010 13" MBP 2.66GHz. When I put in the new RAM and boot up, I get to the desktop and after 5/10 seconds the laptop freezes and the screen goes all weird (multiple coloured lines going up and down the monitor like static on a tv) Is this a sign of dud ram? I would have thought I would have been given a warning tone when I turned on the computer if the ram was dud.
    When I put back in the ram that was in it before I put in the new ones, the laptop performs perfectly. Any ideas?

Here is the ram I purchased.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/corsair...mac-memory-kit-7J6C.html?q=Corsair mac&src=16

2. spartacvs macrumors member

It's a corsair ram so I won't be surprise if it's the ram that has issues since the old ram is working fine. Try to get a new set of ram, not corsair though, I've had issues with a corsair ram also before.

3. gavmcguinness thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if I can get different ram from this website. I'll send them an email and ask. With the issues I had with replacing my failed hard drive (dead drive and dead SATA cable) I was hoping that there was going to be no issue with the new ram and long behold I get this. I'm so fricken unlucky this year.