iPad RAM on my iPad Air just started acting up randomly?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JOSE891, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

The past few days the RAM on my iPad Air isn't working properly, before I used to be able to switch between 3 apps and a few tabs on Safari with no problem, and now all of a sudden any app i switch to it relaunches and the same with the Safari, I have like 3 tabs open and switch to a different one and it reloads, i go back to my first tab and it reloads.

Not sure what the problem is, I don't have another apps running in the background, I already tried restoring the iPad and not from a backup. Not sure what else to try, it never did this the past 10 months I've owned it.

Again I never had these issues until the past few days.

2. EdgardasB, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Welcome to iPad Air RAMgate group
    Here only Safari running if using more apps, they all do reload...
    50% of low memory logs gave springboard crashes

Attached Files:

3. JOSE891 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Yeah I was just reading about that, its pretty weird how this just started happening, I never thought defective RAM existed but I guess it does lol, Damn looks like I'm part of the group then. I hope Apple adds 2gb ram on the next iPad.

Attached Files:

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Is your device still under warranty or do you have apple care? If so, I'd take it in and get that sorted out. It is strange that this just started happening. Those that have been bellyaching about RAM have been doing so since day one. Never heard it just randomly starting to happen as you describe. Strange.

5. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

It could be related to websites, ads code changes. Look here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1771789 After something was changed in their code it started to kill iPads.