All iPads Ram on the air might be limited but...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by prism, Nov 10, 2013.

1. prism macrumors 6502a

...the battery life on this thing is insane. I mean I'm now 13+ hours of usage and have a bit less than 20% juice left. WTF!!!

2. powerbooks macrumors regular

Not a continued usage situation?

I found if you let the thing sleep a while, it lasts longer for each charge, may not like overwork, just like a person? Lol:)

Try to watch video straight to see how long does it last?

I had the same feeling for my iPad mini. Always exceed 12 hours for every charge. It is a good thing.

Nexus 7 is miserable in this regard, especially the 2013 model :mad:

3. prism thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well in the settings, apple separates between standby and usage. Right now I'm close to 15 hours with juice at 10%.
    I certainly don't remember my ipad 4 having such stamina!

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

It does, actually. I just checked my 4 and it's at 65% battery after 12 hours usage and more than 3 days standby. The iPad 3, however, is pretty faithful to its specified battery life at around 9-10 hours, though.

Still, the Air's battery life is pretty impressive considering the 25% decrease in battery capacity.

5. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Battery life is insane. Going on 13 hours and still have 45+ percent left!

Attached Files:

6. prism thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you sure your battery is not running on nuclear power? If you have 12 hrs usage with 65% juice remaining, by the time you are at 0%, you will have had roughly 36 hours of mileage.

7. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know why I'm getting such bad battery life on my air? :(

Attached Files:

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

As stated, it did. I think my Air battery is still cycling in, but I've seen up to about 16-17 hours use so far. That was typical of my ipad 4 and I saw up to 25 hours IIRC. I'm sure some of that was screen off, but if it was still doing useful work (like music or Airplay) I'll take it.

The amazing thing is how much smaller the Air's battery is while pulling this off.