Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingline

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Anyone know where to get the most reliable (with or without heatsink) other than datamen? I have this in my cart right now and wonder if this is the correct ram to use or if there are any other stores i should look at before purchasing.

1GB DDR2-667 (PC2-5300) 128x72 CL5 1.9v 240 Pin ECC UR DIMM Dual Rank $162.00

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I have two sticks of this in my MB, and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Many on these boards have used it as well. It's only 95 bucks, too, so significantly cheaper than datamem..

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I have two sticks of this in my MB, and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Many on these boards have used it as well. It's only 95 bucks, too, so significantly cheaper than datamem..

He's looking for Mac Pro RAM.

The voltage makes me a bit nervous. I think Mac Pro RAM is supposed to run at 1.8v, so I don't know how 1.9v would pan out for you...I'm no RAM expert.

That said, I'm a big of DMS, and they seem to be selling very good RAM for the Mac Pro. It might be worth it to go with them and have more peace of mind.

Edit: Found the stuff you cited....doesn't look like FB-DIMMs to me. On DMS's site, click on "Apple Memory" in their "Memory Finder" on the left side of the page. That'll take you to the proper RAM for your machine.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Anyone know where to get the most reliable (with or without heatsink) other than datamen? I have this in my cart right now and wonder if this is the correct ram to use or if there are any other stores i should look at before purchasing.

1GB DDR2-667 (PC2-5300) 128x72 CL5 1.9v 240 Pin ECC UR DIMM Dual Rank $162.00

Could you specify what machine you have?

If it is the MacPro, then you absolutely need FB-DIMMs, not ECC Unregistered DDR2 DIMMs. If it does not say FB-DIMM, then it isn't Here is the correct page at DMS
Datamem MacPro Page
and at OWC

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
He's looking for Mac Pro RAM.

The voltage makes me a bit nervous. I think Mac Pro RAM is supposed to run at 1.8v, so I don't know how 1.9v would pan out for you...I'm no RAM expert.

That said, I'm a big of DMS, and they seem to be selling very good RAM for the Mac Pro. It might be worth it to go with them and have more peace of mind.

Edit: Found the stuff you cited....doesn't look like FB-DIMMs to me. On DMS's site, click on "Apple Memory" in their "Memory Finder" on the left side of the page. That'll take you to the proper RAM for your machine.

Oops! Did too quick of a look and just saw the DDR2-667 (PC2-5300).

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Did you look at the DMS link?

$189 for a 1 GB stick or $226 with "Apple-approved" heatsink.

Sorry I just pulled up another memory site off google as in the past most of the prices were the same but I guess not anymore! This actually has made my day, as my mac pro is suppose to arrive at the end of the week but it only has 1 GB. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.