RAM problem with iMac 3.06

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RockTheCross, Mar 12, 2009.

1. RockTheCross macrumors newbie

Mar 12, 2009
    We just got our first macs last friday. I ordered them from apple.com, refurbs. Today I cam down to see that our imac had shut down for some reason, so I tried to restart it. It gave me the restart box, so I do. When it came up again it gave me the kernal panic debug "no driver for this platform found" and a bunch of memory addresses. I installed 4 gb ram that I got from crucial that is compatiable with os x when we first got it. After reading some, I decided to try the original ram and see if it would start, and it did. Based on all of this, do you guys think that its a RAM problem (I still have an appointment at the apple store to just be sure)
  2. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2009
    Titletown USA
    Sounds like classic bad RAM issues. I had similar issues with Crucial RAM in fact - only a couple weeks ago. I returned it and put some Corsair in and all was fine. It seems Crucial has a major bad batch of Mac RAM going around. Please let us know what you find out and if that was indeed the culprit.
  3. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2008
    London, UK
    You're not the first to have had dodgy Crucial RAM of late. Thankfully Crucial's customer service is good. :)