Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firststrike101

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Manitoba, Canada
What RAM can you replace/use instead of buying PC133 SDRAM? I heard you can put in PC2700 RAM and it will just downgrade itself to run at the PC133 speed. Any thoughts on this?

REVISED.....

Where can I can buy the PC133 ram for cheap? Here locally its like $200 cdn.

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
It's late, so I may be completetly off base here, but don't those memory types have different dimensions?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
firststrike101 said:
What RAM can you replace/use instead of buying PC133 SDRAM? I heard you can put in PC2700 RAM and it will just downgrade itself to run at the PC133 speed. Any thoughts on this?

REVISED.....

Where can I can buy the PC133 ram for cheap? Here locally its like $200 cdn.

It will help us a great deal if you could specify which Mac you have and what RAM you are looking for.

PC133 and PC2700 are completely different and not interchangeable.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

firststrike101

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Manitoba, Canada
Im asking where can I buy 512mb of PC133 SDRAM for a 700mHz eMac.

CanadaRAM said:
It will help us a great deal if you could specify which Mac you have and what RAM you are looking for.

PC133 and PC2700 are completely different and not interchangeable.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
firststrike101 said:
Im asking where can I buy 512mb of PC133 SDRAM for a 700mHz eMac.
You can buy 512 Mb of PC133 for a 700 MHz eMac for well under the price you mentioned at a number of Mac-centric internet sellers.

Just make sure you choose a reputable dealer who tests and guarantees the RAM compatibility in the eMac, and offers a lifetime warranty.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

PM me for additional information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.