RAM Upgrade Photoshop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TitanVex, Aug 21, 2011.

1. TitanVex macrumors newbie

I am thinking about upgrading my 13" MacBook Pro from 4gb to 8gb of RAM. Now I have looked around, and it appears that RAM does not necessarily help programs run faster. However, I mainly want to do this to try to speed up Photoshop. Whenever I have it open, it always uses up all the RAM I have available. But when I work with big files (10,000x10,000px), it literally takes 5-10 minutes to save anything. Therefore, I am thinking the 8gb should help, to a degree. Please let me know if this is a correct assertion. Thanks!
    -TitanVex

2. MacinMiami macrumors newbie

Get the 8 gigs...You won't regret it. Photoshop will open in a blink...literally.
    I am still in shock at just how fast it opens up with 8 Gigs vs the original 4 Gigs. Also, now batch processing an average of 40-50, 16 gig jpeg files takes approximately 90 to 130 seconds...What a time saver it has been. Enjoy!

3. neenja macrumors 6502

i use photoshop and illustrator daily. i just went from 4gb to 6gb and noticed a nice load/batch time difference.

you going from 4gb to 8gb, you will love it. you should find some good deals on newegg.com