RAM upgrade question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uaecasher, Aug 15, 2010.

1. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

Hello,

I've got a 15" late 2008 mbp and it handles 1066Mhz DDR3 ram, my question is that would it work with a 1333MHz? and if it works, will it be as fast as 1066 or I might get some issues ?

thank you.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I'm pretty sure the memory controller does not support 1333MHz DDR3. Why not to get 1066MHz, it's cheaper

3. uaecasher thread starter macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I went to all stores in my area, none have them :/

I'll try to find it, thanks for the info

4. ccashman92 macrumors regular

Do you have the ability to order stuff online? OWC sells the best RAM for Apple in my opinion. Here is a link: Click here.

I also forgot to mention that you can send back your own RAM and get a rebate!

5. uaecasher thread starter macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I live in Dubai, it would cost a lot to ship and take time. also if something is wrong I'll have to ship it back

6. Covart Guest

Yes and no. If utilizing 2 chips, one 1333 and one 1067, it will, but at 1067 speeds. If you install two 1333 chips, it won't work at all.

You can always go here and find out exactly what memory you are able to use in whatever Mac you have. A cleaver little application: http://www.corsair.com/configurator/default.aspx

7. ccashman92 macrumors regular

This is why I asked if you have the ability. Hmm... You could take a chance cause it is free shipping. But if it is defective you have to ship it back. I guess just use it as a last resort... Good luck trying to find it!! Don't just look, ask around.