Ram upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Encrypted, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Encrypted macrumors newbie

I have purchased the MBP 15" with an upgrading screen. I refuse to pay £160 for 2 modules of ram.

I have seen curial @ £39.99. I reside in the UK and pay on ££.

Are there any other choice for ram upgrade, that members can offer. I don't think that ram timings are any different from non apple ram. Also I purchased AppleCare for £60 as I am a student.

So fitting is free, from a apple authorised dealer (told by apple themselves).

Any help would be much appreciated ;)

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

As much as I love Crucial, I think you could spend £2.05 more, and go for this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Te...9UKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315400379&sr=8-1. I'll be getting this one when I get my MBP.

Apart from the fact that this is the same one which Apple uses, it also has a low CAS latency than the Crucial RAM (9), by 2 - you won't see this difference in every day computing.

3. Encrypted thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice thanks for the help.

I was worried about whether I should hold off, the purchase until Christmas. However I (should ;) ) have a sandybridge i7 and thunderport alongside lion. I couldn't think of anything else that, except the appearance that could be changed.

This ram should be good, however due to the cost I just paid I will wear
    In the MBP.

Any ideas on programs I should cost out?since my new OS change?