RAM upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krewelement394, Jul 9, 2009.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

hi i just ordered a 2 gb ram for my macbook (white early 2008) anyhow, i did not know this but i just found out i need a screw driver ...:/ where can i get one? does anyone know where i can get one cheap? because i know i'll end up loosing it after the installation....:] can i get one somewhere local or does it have to be online if so where do you recommend online/local..:]

thanks.

(im excited to install the 2gb so that my macbook can be running on a 4gb :] )

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Local hardware store?

Is Fry's electronics local to you? Even a glasses repair kit one usually does the trick

You just need a size 00 phillips head screwdriver: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1651 click the drop-down for "Installing Memory" under "Other MacBook computers"

3. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

i heard i can use glasses screw drivers :] wasn't so sure though thanks for letting me know :] do you think Target sells the screw drivers? (glasses) target is a couple of blocks away so it will be a sinch to get it from there!

4. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

Yes, Target will have them. You can probably pick up an entire precision set of drivers there for about $7.

5. 5280m macrumors member

lowes and home depot have small screw driver sets. you need to use the exact size or else you can strip the screws. i picked one up for about 6 bucks that has 4 different sizes of phillips and flat.

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

This is where I got mine, It was a Kobalt precision screwdriver set. Just go to a Lowes or Home Depot and you will be able to find one easy.