Ram won't work in Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fishyslovechips, Dec 27, 2008.

1. fishyslovechips macrumors newbie

For Christmas/birthday presents I got a new hard drive and Ram for my 13' Macbook. I finally got the hard drive installed after working on it for 4 hours the other night. But while trying to install the new Ram I keep getting issues. I install it just like every manual tells me to but when I go to start my computer my screen is completely black and the indicator light keeps blinking. I know my computer is on because I heard the fans and everything running.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

2. youssefm macrumors 6502

the ram slot is really tight so you need to make sure you really have seated the ram well and it clicked into place, if that doesn't work you may have faulty ram

3. fishyslovechips thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I made sure it was in there really good. My old ram works fine. But as soon as I put my new one in the monitor doesn't work and the light blinks.

4. youssefm macrumors 6502

It could be faulty ram then, usually theres a warranty on ram, and since its out of the box, you can exchange it from wherever its from for new ram chips

5. gamer2502 macrumors regular

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Faulty ram..like others have said. Get a replacement :)

7. fishyslovechips thread starter macrumors newbie

So I was browsing and read the post here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=625189

and realized the problem was I was using a 2GB stick ram instead of 1GB sticks. I called the company I got them from and he insisted the stick he gave me would work but finally got him to exchange it.

Thanks for all the help guys!