Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotishhaggis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
hi all

i jailbreaked my 8gb ipod touch 1.1.4 the other day i have been installing games and software. I just got a pop up msg saying to delete some video ect to free up some more space..

can help suggest some thing.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
easiest way to solve the space problem is to make sure you have community sources installed, then go to install in installer and scroll down to Utilities then look for Bosstool. install that and go back to home screen, click on boss tool, click on free disk space, click on relocate fonts.

When thats done you will have an extra 80 something MB to play with for apps :)

spyder52

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
easiest way to solve the space problem is to make sure you have community sources installed, then go to install in installer and scroll down to Utilities then look for Bosstool. install that and go back to home screen, click on boss tool, click on free disk space, click on relocate fonts.

I have the space problem at the moment so as you said, I installed Bosstool then read the little thing about The partions the under the title Disk Space it says

16 MB free out of 300 MB on /
2532 MB free out of 15184 MB on /var

I get the disk space warning in the installer but to me this look's like i have plenty more space. Any help

P.S do rom's take up the app's space

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Open BossTools and move your fonts. You should gain about 90 mg up from the 16. This is the partition that apps load into.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box

nice thanks I did what you said and I went from 10 mb to 94! Kudos

spyder52

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Open BossTools and move your fonts. You should gain about 90 mg up from the 16. This is the partition that apps load into.

I did that and it went from 16 to 101 MB but as soon as it finished i got that message again i clicked dismiss and then it showed me 101 MB free. If you are on 1.1.3 would moving apps Work

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I did that and it went from 16 to 101 MB but as soon as it finished i got that message again i clicked dismiss and then it showed me 101 MB free. If you are on 1.1.3 would moving apps Work

have you tried rebooting your iPod and seeing if u still get the message?

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
Boss Tool is the answer to your question.

Definitely one of the first apps that should be downloaded when jailbreaking, along with BSD SubSystem, Open SSH, and SummerBoard.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Boss Tool is the answer to your question.

Definitely one of the first apps that should be downloaded when jailbreaking, along with BSD SubSystem, Open SSH, and SummerBoard.

What do the subsystem and open ssh do? I have summerboard so i know what that does,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.