Random 4S reboots

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slw23, Oct 20, 2011.

1. slw23 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone- AT&T 16gb 4S. Activated on Saturday night, so far I've experienced 3 random reboots/power cycles on the phone. Each time I saw the Apple symbol, not sure why this is happening. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

2. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Most likely a defective unit. Take it in to Apple and have it replaced. However do a restore and see of the same thing happens again. May be a software problem. Had a similar problem last year with a launch day iPhone 4 and it turned out to be defective.

3. slw23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did do a restore to a new phone, then synced with iTunes to see if that would help with the battery. 2 reboots occurred before and 1 after the restore. I'll plan on making a Genius appt at one of the local Apple stores this weekend assuming they have the 4S in stock. Give the amount of activity on this board, it seems this may be an isolated issue with my phone.

Thanks for your response.

4. spikefood macrumors regular

Definitely a defective unit. Bring it to apple and it should be replaced. Given how often it is restarting it shouldn't be hard for apple to see the issue. My GF had this issue with her 3gs a few years back and it was resolved easily. Don't know if it was a problem with the battery connection or what. But it was an easy fix, in and out of the apple store in less than 20 minutes.

Also, apple tends to keep some iPhones set aside specifically for warranty claims.

5. slw23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, appreciate it.