Random Apps Crashing iPhone to Safe Mode (warning: NoAccessorySplash)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrat93, Aug 19, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Last night when I was out, I tried going to Cydia. It loaded for a few seconds, then springboard crashed. I rebooted, and it happened again.

The same thing happened when I tried going to the App Store. Later that night, Mail and Safari had a similar issue. After several crashes, my iPhone (4) hung at the Apple logo for a while, so I did a hard reset. When it turned on, those apps were fine. No crashes whatsoever.

More recently, random third party apps (RunPee and DoodleBuddy) are crashing the springboard.

The only thing I installed recently before this issue was an update to NoAccessorySplash iOS4 1.2-2. I just uninstalled it, and as far as I've seen, no apps have crashed the springboard yet.

Just figured I'd post this in case anybody else has a similar issue.

2. xamp macrumors newbie

Thank you for posting this!! Our two phones started crashing last night and I couldn't figure out what was causing it. I started uninstalling apps (Calendar Pro, Music Controls, 3G Unrestrictor) but totally forgot about the update to NoAccessorySpash last night.

I hope they push a fix soon, I really like that mod.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i installed noaccessorysplash yesterday but haven't experienced what you guys have experienced.

4. JackNorris macrumors newbie

NoAccessorySplash iOS4 1.2-2 has a crash issue that has now been fixed in 1.3-1 :)

5. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

The changelog says that it fixes some sort of SMS bug. It never had to do with SMS for me, but I'll give it a shot.

6. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I didn't have random app crashes with the previous version but it was messing up the ipod out to my car head unit.
    I e-mailed Jack (author) and he promptly replied and there was an update in Cydia. It seems to have since fixed the issues I was having.

I'm grateful to Jack for being very quick at getting back to me and helping me with the problem. If only all devs were like this :D