Random Beep/Vibration

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ayush20m, Oct 23, 2010.

1. ayush20m macrumors newbie

I have recently started paying attention to my iPhone 4 beeping/vibrating at least once a day without any new notification/message/email. I also started keeping a record of the time it happens and it is around 12.13 PM everyday. I asked a few other iPhone users and they seem to have the same kind of problem around the same time.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it due to some app I installed? I checked all my apps which have push notifications and I was not able to find any culprit.

2. jayden macrumors newbie

jayden

Did you work out why this was? My wife's iPhone 4s is randomly beeping and vibrating at random intervals. At first we thought it may be the new Gmail app, but doesn't seem to be it.

It's odd because it's a sound that's not in the default iPhone sounds, and all apps have been closed. The sound is like two mellow beeps, with a constant, but short, vibration.

3. jayden macrumors newbie

jayden

Gmail App Notification Sounds

Just found the issue. It is the new Gmail App. It has it's own unique notification sound when new mail arrives.