Random bluetooth lag on 2018 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thebitguru, Aug 27, 2018.

1. thebitguru macrumors member

thebitguru

Hi,

I set up my new MBP 2018 i9/32GB yesterday and I am loving it so far except for one issue. I use external bluetooth keyboard and trackball, and I have noticed that, randomly, both devices end up lagging. I would say that this happens about once an hour. I had these exact same devices connected through bluetooth on a 2016 MBP (now unpaired) and didn't see any issues. Any ideas on what might be going on here?

Thanks!

2. Premal212 macrumors regular

Premal212

I have the same with my headphones. With regards to audio I believe that’s the faulty driver that’s being patched ASAP by Apple.

With my wireless mouse, I found that turning off handover solved these issues. My mate picked up my phone and copied something on notes, my Mac started playing up with both audio and my mouse. Something to do with the handover, I don’t think it’s been configured properly yet.

I believe the setting to turn that off is in sys pref, general, handover between other iCloud devices or sth along those lines. See if that works !

3. airlied macrumors 6502

airlied

you mean handoff?

4. Premal212 macrumors regular

Premal212

Sorry yes. I mean handoff, it’s been a long day

5. thebitguru thread starter macrumors member

thebitguru

Thanks, @Premal212. I will try turning off handoff and see if that makes a difference.

6. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Have dealt with this since day 1. Disabling handoff has made no appreciable improvement. Experiencing bt audio jitter (AirPods) as well as intermittent mouse lag. Currently on dev 10.14.1 (18B45d)

7. Premal212 macrumors regular

Premal212

I’m still getting that issue now. The mouse issues I thought were with a defective mouse so I asked Apple for a replacement mouse.

I’m not so sure with the issue now, some folk saying the audio jitter has been resolved in the new beta Mojave .1 release

8. e1me5 macrumors 6502

e1me5

Poor magic mouse, I thought it was defective after 10 years of service. I should stop smacking it and wait for a patch then.

9. Premal212 macrumors regular

Premal212

Saying that, my headphones experience the same issue. May ask them for a new device I'm unsure...

10. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

I don't have a lot of BT stuff, I've only tried my year and a half old airpods and a new, second generation magic mouse, and neither are acting up to any noticeable degree with my MBP. FWIW. :)