Random bold text in Firefox 2?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chengt, Jun 11, 2007.

1. chengt macrumors newbie

I get random bold text when I view sites using Firefox 2 on my macbook pro.
    I'm currently on FF 2.0.0.4 but this has been happening in all the 2.x line. I haven't tried this with FF 1.x so I don't know if this was always an issue.
    Has anyone noticed this before?

I'm putting a screen shot to show what it looks like.
    Notice how the right side seems bold and a bit blurrier?
    This happens quite alot.
    They go away when you resize the screen or drag your mouse over it (highlighting words that are effected). I can't seem to figure out what is causing this.

Attached Files:

2. btaussie macrumors member

btaussie

Hi,

Yeah I WAS running Firefox 2 on my iMac and MacBook and had the weird bold texts appear in various web sites. In particular was Google search results, I went through all of Firefox's preferences to check to see if I had missed a setting or altered something, no luck.

Solution: Use Safari 3.0 Beta. Memory juicy but if your running 1GB of RAM+ than your sweet.

Cheers,
    btaussie

3. chengt thread starter macrumors newbie

I would but I use google sync to sync bookmarks and settings across firefox browsers.

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Same thing happens for me on my Mac Pro. I'm assuming it's a Firefox issue. Mildly annoying, but I'm hoping that it gets fixed in Firefox 3 later this year.

-Kevin

5. btaussie macrumors member

btaussie

Its bloody annonying, try viewing this on a small screen resolution. It blows. I'm sorry Firefox but dare I say I would rather use IE than Firefox as this bold text thing was really ticking me off. Oh well, thank god for Safari. :D

Something tells me that Firefox 2.1 is just around the corner......

-btaussie