random chirping, laughing, door closing sound from mbp os lion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saiyonlord, Sep 1, 2011.

1. saiyonlord macrumors newbie

so i received my macbook pro lion about 2 weeks ago and ever since i've had it i've been getting these really strange sounds that seem to come out of no where and at random times, even when im not doing anything. sometimes its a chirping noise. sometimes it a sound of someone laughing. sometimes its a door closing, similar to that of AIM's sound when a person signs out. sometimes its the same sound i get when someone ims me on AIM even if no one really did im me. i know its not because of AIM because i've turned off all the sound in preferences a week ago and the random sounds have still been ocurring. the only programs that run when it happens is safari, itunes, and aim. i've already checked the preferences for all of them and all of my widgets as well, and turned anything related to sound, off. its been getting really annoying and i would extremely appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this issue. thanks in advance!

i actually got a recording of the chirp noise, i posted it on this page https://discussions.apple.com/message/16065239#16065239.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Have you tried the suggestions on the Apple Forum?

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The only thing that noise reminds me of is Angry Birds, but there would be other noises as well, I'm sure.

Check Activity Monitor, making sure that you select "All Processes" from the drop-down menu. If you can't find the culprit in the list yourself, feel free to copy/paste it here and we'll look through it for you.

jW