random contacts disappearing/deleting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ayz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ayz macrumors member

I sync my iphone with with google exchange, and I sync my mbp address book with google as well. Occasionally I will have random contacts just be deleted/disappear from my address book; i.e. someone I know will text me but they're no longer listed as a contact.

I don't know if the data is getting corrupted if it's trying to sync to both my iphone and macbook pro at the same time or what, but i'd appreciate any advice or suggestions on how you guys keep all 3 in sync

2. hutington macrumors newbie

I too face similar problem. My wife's contact disappeared from iPhone contact, while it is still in gmail contacts. I noticed that this happened after I accepted 2-step verification for google accounts.

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I was having the exact same issue. Ultimately, I gave up on google and went back to mobileme. For all it's shortcomings it at least hasn't randomly purged my info.

4. ayz thread starter macrumors member

my problem is gmail is my primary email so i need those contacts to work

help, anyone?

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Makes sense. But does the address book have to be gmails? Do you use gmail webmail a lot or something? My primary email is university. I run it through ME. In a sorta convoluted way.

6. ayz thread starter macrumors member

i can use gmail webmail or i can use my school's outlook exchange server

neither one syncs with mobileme, so when i add a contact i prefer to have access through gmail webmail

the problem is i have an iphone 4 and a macbook pro, but i also have a lenovo x201 tablet and my desktop is also a PC. I need access to my address book on those computers.