iPhone Random crashes on various apps...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JrFreak, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

Lately I've had various apps crash during use. It didn't start right after the jailbreak, just over the past few days.

Motion X GPS, Facebook, Twitter are among some of the apps. A reboot seems to help for a bit, but then the crashes start again.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

2. DarkJello macrumors member

Me too, I just reboot. I haven't checked yet but Im guessing something is eating up memory and when it runs out, crashes happen.

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Let me guess, you both have winterboard installed? There's a known bug where apps crash or close prematurely in the background with winterboard installed but only happens with certain themes and addons.

If you don't have WB, list what you have installed and maybe we can help.

4. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

I do have WB installed. I'm running boss.ios theme now. Can't remember if the crashes started around the time I installed WB.

Do these reported WB crashes happen on just Cydia apps or any app?

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Sorry I don't use winterboard. Here are 3 different threads on the first page discussing this issue...hopefully you'll find the answer to your question. I think the crashes happen on anything. Why? Are you only experiencing Cydia app crashes?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1544871

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1544197

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1545558

Good luck!

6. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

No. The worst app crashing for me was Motion X GPS. It would crash just about every time I pressed a button.

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Ahh gotcha. Yea I think the major problem is App Store apps crashing not Cydia apps. Good luck.

8. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

After reading that winterboard could be the culprit, i uninstalled it and was running fine for a while but I still have some crashes, the worst one was using the dolphin browser. I wonder what it could be. :confused:

9. johnsonroda27 macrumors newbie

Hving same issues

Same thing as the OP. didnt happen right away. Now apps crash until reboot..really annoying.. I have winterboard installed running colores theme

10. Jab00 macrumors regular

Hey guys I know this has a big problem lately but well I don't have winterboard installed just auxo, infinifolders, icleaner, and ifile. But I have been having a lot of crashes lately majority are while running safari or when using the slide to unlock (for example sliding the message icon on lock screen to view a message) and whenever these apps crash it does a full respring. Any ideas?