Random dialing issues Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andru1313, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Andru1313 macrumors regular

Ok this happened 3 times so want to see if anyone else is having this issue.

While on the phone I random dial other numbers with my face. It hangs up on person I am on the phone with then dials someone else. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Andru1313 thread starter macrumors regular

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

is your screen turning off like it should be when it is on your face, maybe you have the proximity sensor issue in which case exchange it when they have stock

4. Andru1313 thread starter macrumors regular

yah it is turning off. can't tell if its staying off when i pull it from my face.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

This is happening to me too. It's quite annoying.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

i would suggest taking it back and have them take a look at it, i haven't had t his problem yet

maybe try looking at a mirror while on a call to verify the screen actually turns off like it is suppose to

7. Bob70011 macrumors newbie

Bob70011

Same here. I need to hold the phone at a certain angle to my face to insure the sensor works as intended. Otherwise the screen comes on, and I end up accidentally dialing numbers or even ending the call.

I am starting to miss my 3GS more and more...

8. Andru1313 thread starter macrumors regular

My sisters phone does the same thing. Maybe its the way I am holding the phone. I put my finger over the sensor while on a call and it shut on and off so its working.