Random doorbell sound after SL?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr5150, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Mr5150 macrumors newbie

I realize that I'm opening the door here, but here goes. After my SL install, I'm getting a strange, seemingly random, "ding dong" doorbell noise. Not related to time of day that I can tell. Maybe a coupe of times per hour, maybe less...very strange. The only other thing I did that I'm aware of is installing iStat pro. I have mail running in the background, but it's not any mail noise that I've heard. Any ideas? (I know, I know..."Someone at the door, "My wife calling me, yada yada...). Go eazy on me please... :)

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Do you have iChat running? When I first got my Mac, random noises were driving me nuts until I found out it was the sounds iChat made as people came and left.

If not, run activity monitor to see what you have running. Something made the noise.

mt

3. Mr5150 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm...That may be possible. Thanks for the response.

4. Mr5150 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did it again this morning with only Safari and Firefox loaded. Firefox coildn't load a page. Maybe a warning in Firefox? Didn't do that before SL. Weird.

5. Mr5150 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it may be Connect360 when it detects the xbox online. Not sure why I never heard it before SL.