Random error, flashes too fast.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by The Human Herd, Feb 15, 2013.

1. The Human Herd macrumors newbie

So, I have had my iMac for a few years (late 09 model) and recently I have been getting an error the flashes on and then off the screen so quickly, I don't even have a chance to read what it says.

So far I haven't experienced any serious problems or performance drop, but it's still a scary thing considering how much money I spent on this machine.

Anyone else have this issue? It's literally up and gone in about, a tenth of a second. It honestly might not even be an error, I just can't read it and don't know what else it could be.

Help?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Dio you have the firewall turned on by any chance. If you do, some apps will pop up a warning that the app is communicating outside the network, then the warning is dismissed quickly. You should only see this warning once per app, then never again, but I notice some apps show it over and over.

Try turning off the firewall and see if it stops. Then reenable the firewall after.

3. macthefork macrumors 6502

Any errors whould show up in your console log. Open Console in your utilities folder.

Is the error on startup? Or just during use, or within a specific application?

4. crovali macrumors member

I have the same problem! Exactly how you described it...I get an error message for about half of a second then it disappears. I was going to call applecare about this but I didnt even know what to tell them. How would they be able to help me if I dont even know what the message says?

I'm using a new Late 2012 27" iMac.