Random Food Cravings

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fearless Leader, May 20, 2007.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Lately I have been getting random food cravings, way more than usual. Like yesterday I wanted Ice cream, then chocolate, then strawberries then cheese. Now today I wanted honey roasted peanuts and more cheese.

What are causing these? It drives me crazy till I some random thing of it, not very much. just a few bites and I dont want it anymore.

Anybody else get these?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes. I'm going through a Hellman's mayonnaise binge at the moment which is doing wonders for my arse... avocados too. Can't seem to get enough of them.

3. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

I'm wondering, the size of your arse, or just the ease of downloading processed food...

I'm still in my > 70% chocolate period.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Aren't random food cravings a sign of pregnancy? :D

5. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

well i guess being the first pregnate male isn't weird...

6. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

My wife just wanted spicy food and espresso during her pregnancy. Nothing random.

7. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i get them all the time. my current fix is waffles. the last one was chocolate, and i just get them by watching them on tv. they usually subside a few months after i last see them on the prominent tv show. waffles from hereoes, chili dogs from sonic satam, etc.

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

right now I'd kill for some peanut butter on toast. alas I can't find a shop that sells the type I like (wholearth threenut butter and vogel sunflour seed and barley bread)

Some nachos would be nice too.

I also crave V8 often but I have a decent supply so I'm going through it slowly.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The Flying Spaghetti Monster works in mysterious ways :D

10. aprilgrey34 macrumors member

Until recently, sushi. Mac&cheese is always in the background, as is chocolate. One time, I was seriously craving bacon and mango sorbet. DH (who was only a boyfriend at the time) freaked out and seriously thought I was pregnant... until, like, nothing popped out 9 months later.

11. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

white castles ... but thats probably due to watching harold and kumar ... but there are no white castles around here.

12. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i get cravings all the time. they've ranged from s'mores to pb&j bagels to spam musubi. right now, it's arizona iced green tea (it's not really food, but i crave it all the time).

13. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Glad to hear you're not pregnant, Rokem. Sounds like that would *definitely* complicate things. ;)

Are you perchance going through a growth spurt? I apologize if you're not at the right age for that, but as there are quite a few teenage guys here at MR, I figured it's worth a shot. Often when we're growing, our bodies crave certain foods we're lacking; perhaps for example you were needing some protein when you had those peanut and cheese cravings.

14. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

^^
    why yes I am going through a growth spurt, I'm 6'3" and 15 years of age. It's also causing my osgood schluaters (i think i spellt that right...) to cause horrendous pain my legs and have been so many pain killers.

right now its gum, well not really. I just want to chew on something and have been snacking alot lately and have gained some weight :(. So if I chew on sugar free gum I'm golden... as long as the artificial sweetener doesn't screw with me.

15. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

im going through gum right now like some people go through cigarattes, im on the pack a day gum attack, good thing i bought the big box of trident splash

16. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

17. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Damned Jaffa Cakes. I brought a suitcase full of them back with me on a recent UK trip. All gone now. I need more. There must be some sort of synthetic heroin in those tasty, chocolatey, orangey, spongey cakes. Mmmmmm!

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

anything chocolate and vitamin water the fruit punch one :cool: :D
    i want to be healthy but i really don't. Stop and shop had them on sale 10 for $10, so i'm good for the next few days ;)

19. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Ah, that makes a little sense then! Babies from 0-12 months triple their birth weight, eating furiously, and then it tapers off until the major growth spurts of puberty. Make sure you're putting lots of good fuel into your body, lean protein, whole grains, fruits/veg, etc. Your body is working hard!

20. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

yeah... at the moment i'm craving for papaya and frozen yogurt from pinkberries.

21. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

For drinks, I'm on chilled coffee right now. For food, I'd say hasbrowns.

22. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Surely you've tried combining the two? ...Take half an avocado, put a dollop of Best Foods* mayonnaise in center, grab a spoon and enjoy! It's quite tasty.

Yes, it absolutely has to be Best Foods/Hellman's mayonnaise. If you have anything else throw it away.

23. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I get cravings for sugary things in the morning. Usually its for a doughnut and a DR Pepper. Not very healthy, but it is like I must have it.

24. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

mmmmm monster is really good, y'all should drink it. :)

25. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Teehee. People who know of my frequent and very random cravings joke that if I ever got pregnant, my "funny pregnant cravings" would just be what normal people like to eat. :eek:

I soooo wanted to get me one of these earlier today but didn't. Damn. Tomorrow, methinks. Tomorrow.

[​IMG]

And all last week I was craving pho (AKA Vietnamese style noodles in soup) and got it last night. *dreamy sigh* Yum.