[Random] Future MBP Idea

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KazeKrazy, Sep 3, 2011.

1. KazeKrazy macrumors member

KazeKrazy

This is just a random idea I had, but what if in a future MBP line, it would be like Aleinware. Not performance, but the way you can edit the backlighting colors. For example, you could make your apple logo different colors, or make it a rainbow logo by setting different sections. And for the keyboard, you could set certain keys and whatnot. It'd be amazing to have, but it's just a neat little fantasy. Also, if you've ever commented on my posts regarding affording a MBP, no need to continue, I am getting one FOR FREE (15" too) from the Dream Factory, a foundation here in Kansas City. Excited to get it next weekend. :D

2. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Definitely fantasy. One key thought..... tons of students, businessmen and old people use MacBooks. How many of them would want different colors on their Apple? Or any of that?

Congratulations on the free MBP! :D

3. KazeKrazy thread starter macrumors member

KazeKrazy

Great point! But who wouldn't want personal color preferences? You've probably got the higher valid point, but hey, doesn't hurt to dream!

And thank you! I do look forward to it. I will definitely be doing videos on Mac OS X Lion.

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

i would definitely change the colors on my apple logo and keyboard if it was an option...

5. swedefish macrumors 6502

I am thankful that apple minimizes its use of LEDs and blippity bloppy lights on their hardware. The only Apple product where such funcitonality is missing is on the iPhone, which greatly would benefit from a notificattion LED, but NO THANKS to turning the beautiful piece of hardware that is the MBP into some tacky gaming rig-looking machine. Alienware's design philosophy is my nightmare. :apple:

6. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

oh, i don't want the hard surfaces and whatnot. the only design change I want involves changing my apple logo to a blue color... and maybe the keyboard lighting too.