Random Haptic on Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RyCan3, Oct 18, 2017.

1. RyCan3 macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn’t find anything. My watch will randomly vibrate with no new notifications. Does anyone else’s watch do this?

2. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Mine has never done so. Might need to reset it?

3. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

IT feels like it at times. But I've chalked it up to phantom vibrations.

4. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Yeah, I hate that phenomenon. I used to get it all the time before my AW, as I used to keep my phone on vibrate a lot. It's probably one of the best side benefits of a wearable, as I never worry about if my phone is doing anything, since the watch will alert me.

5. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I have had this too...never been able to explain it

6. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

This happens to me occasionally with the Leather Loop band, as the band shifts a little on the wrist it feels like a quick haptic but it's not.

7. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I've experienced this a lot. Sometimes they're 'phantom haptics' as people like to call them, whereby the band moves in such a way that it feels like haptic feedback. This is especially common with the Leather Loop as the above poster mentioned.

However I have also experienced what were definitely, absolutely, 100% real haptics with no accompanying notification. They're usually half the length of a normal haptic. This bug has been around for a while, since the first gen Apple Watch for me.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's Not uncommon. Just reset the Apple Watch and it usually rectifies it.

9. techspin macrumors 6502a

When I move my fingers a certain way sometimes it feels l like a haptic because of the movement of wrist muscles/tendons. Also when I'm using a leather band and it moves against itself or against a surface it.

Then again sometimes it's a real haptic and I ignore it because I think it's not real. :)