Random icon on iphone that says waiting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Sep 28, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I downloaded an update in the app store and this randomly popped up on my screen just says waiting and the loading meter is empty. I tried to delete it but the red minus doesn't pop up when I hold it down as if you were to move it. Anyone know what I should do?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Restart your phone and retry the download? I've had it happen to me before - is it just a blank white/grey icon on the homescreen?

3. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

Same thing happened to me. I turned the phone off and on and it was no longer there.

4. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I had this happen to me for the first time last night. I thought it had to do with a potential In APP Purchase (which I declined), but it lasted several hours and then disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. No clue.

5. malim macrumors member

iPad too

Not only on iphone but ipad too... Never happen before but i suspect there is some bug in the current ios.

6. Sputnik 57 macrumors newbie

This has started happening to me every time a update an app or install a new app. I can fix it by syncing with iTunes, but it is really annoying! Hoping it is an os bug that they'll fix in the next release.

7. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I've had to power cycle my iPhone to deal with that. Syncing probably works as well.