Random ios5 Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by morecowbell, Oct 17, 2011.

1. morecowbell macrumors member

I just moved over from the 4 to the IS05(and obviously up to ios5) and have the following questions:

• When I am in the car and Bluetooth is activated, is there any way to hear an alert for incoming texts and emails? I can’t figure this out. It seems pointless for the alerts to go silent, especially if I can ask Siri to read them to me as I drive.
    • How can I train siri to know who my wife is? My brother? Also, how can I train Siri which mobile number or email address would be the defaults for different people so that I don’t need to specify each time?
    • Can Siri insert period or comments or do I need to tell her first?
    • Has anybody figured out a way to use geo-fencing and still Sync with exchange?

Thank you in advance.

2. f00f macrumors 65816

• That's dependent on your BT headset but probably not because to save juice the BT stuff goes to sleep until needed. I actually switched to using a wired headset for this reason. Sucks.
    • Yes. There's a number of ways to specify relationships. First of all you have to tell Siri who YOU are by setting this in Siri's preferences. Then to specify relationships you can say "My wife <wife's name>", "My brother is <brother's name>". Of course you need to have these names as contacts in your Contacts app. As for the number dialed or email address used, I believe Siri remembers the last one you used for the particular contact. This at least seems to be true for texting.
    • If you want punctuation you have to say it.
    • Haven't played with geo-fenced reminders yet, personally.