Random iphone 4 shutdowns

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by innoutlover01, Oct 16, 2010.

1. innoutlover01 macrumors newbie

Ive had my iphone since august but lately my iphone 4 shuts down randomly. Where I click either the sleep or the home button but nothing comes up...just blackness and it takes like 5 minutes until i hold the sleep button for the apple logo to come up.
    Has this happened to anybody?

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Thats your sign to take it to the Apple Retail Store. They will probably just give you a new iPhone.

3. james92se macrumors 6502a

I've had my iPhone 4 since the day they came out (actually, the day before) and this just happened to me tonight. It has never happened before and I've never had any sort of problem or issue or hiccup at all with the phone. I don't even have reception problems

I was beyond perplexed. I picked my phone up to check the time and it was just black. I held the power and home button for a good minute or two and it came back on and seems perfectly fine since then

Does anybody know WHY this happens? I realize I can just get a new phone - so please don't say "just take it in" because I reallllllllllllly don't want to take it in. I'm curious why it would happen. I know I'll get a replacement phone pretty easily but I don't want to give up my perfectly stable JB 4.0 phone

4. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

The exact same thing happened to mine. Took it to the Apple store in Norwich and they swapped it over. Came with a 87….. serial number was expecting it to start with 5, maybe its not a refurb.

5. tigert07 macrumors regular

This has happened to me and I returned for a new iPhone. They were more than happy to exchange. They tried to do a complete firmware recover but my phone wouldn't even allow that. Bring it in and they will give you a new one.

6. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I heard they check 1 phone out of a small batch. Looks like your iPhone was the one NOT checked. :p

Just head to the retail store, everything will be solved.