Random issue with messages on watch

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
So I have a Series 0 watch that was working great until just recently, when all of a sudden I started getting notifications of Messages showing the phone number instead of the name. Around this time I had reset the phone (6S+) for other issues, so I assume it was just some setting. I re-paired the watch, and thought I was fine, got a message notification showing the contact name. Then a few minutes later, another message notification from same contact, this time showing phone number. I un-paired the watch and re-paired it again, same thing keeps happening. Just now I got three message notifications from a single contact, one with name and two with phone number. Any ideas? Thanks.

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
So I have a Series 0 watch that was working great until just recently, when all of a sudden I started getting notifications of Messages showing the phone number instead of the name. Around this time I had reset the phone (6S+) for other issues, so I assume it was just some setting. I re-paired the watch, and thought I was fine, got a message notification showing the contact name. Then a few minutes later, another message notification from same contact, this time showing phone number. I un-paired the watch and re-paired it again, same thing keeps happening. Just now I got three message notifications from a single contact, one with name and two with phone number. Any ideas? Thanks.
Try this...
Goto AW app on phone... General... Reset... Reset sync data

I had the same, and this fixed it.

Reactions: weeesss

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Try this...
Goto AW app on phone... General... Reset... Reset sync data

I had the same, and this fixed it.
Thanks, I did that and it didn't seem to help, the problem persisted. However, the past day or so, it hasn't happened again so I don't know what's up. Since I'll be unpairing and pairing with a new iPhone in less than a week, I'm not going to worry about it anymore and hopefully it won't happen again! Thanks for the tip, though!

weeesss

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2017
Been happening to me too the past couple of days. Some senders show # and some names, where they used to show names but I never even deleted them.

vinnnocc

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
happen to me since day one. i did a few hard restarts both cell and watch that did nothing then i did an unpair and all is well

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
There was a watch iOS update recently, I'm guessing that has something to do with it...

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
I actually has this happen two days in a row. I think this thread jinxed me! :)
Each time I reset, and it fixed.