Random low alert tones on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by meridiusuk, Jun 14, 2015.

1. meridiusuk macrumors member

Hi all

I have had problem for about 4 weeks with my alert tones, they seem to go really really low and seem to stop there. The things I have tried

Turned off phone and restarted it. Fixed it for a couple of days and came back
    Lowered the volume and raised the volume back to full, again fixed for a day or so and came back.
    Texted a person when I racked a low volume fixed it for a couple of hours.

It just seems to be a temp fix and it keeps coming back. I am missing lots of phone calls and text and email alerts and it's driving me crazy.

I have the lashes iOS version on my iPhone 6 I have tried all sorts to get it working and seems to be fixed but comes back.

Anyone had this problem in the past or know what it is.

Please help

Thanks all

2. meridiusuk thread starter macrumors member

3. chambone, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Well, not exactly the same perhaps, but my 5S has changed behaviour to 'change with buttons' a couple of times, even though I have that option turned off in the sound settings. And since I have the speaker volume at 3 or 4 bars most of the time, alerts were noticeably less loud. Not sure what triggers it, but I fix it by toggling the switch on and off and set the ringer/alert volume with the slider again. Chalked it up to it being jailbroken, could be a bug too. If yours isn't jailbroken, and it bothers you enough, why not restore?

4. meridiusuk thread starter macrumors member

Hi there.

No it's not jail broken. The thing is I have so much stored on my phone to do a restore would take ages to get my phone back to normal. And so many settings.

5. meridiusuk thread starter macrumors member

6. Paco II macrumors 65816

Do you plug the phone into any audio devices/car connection?

7. wongster macrumors regular

i think i have the same problem with you. sometimes like after playing a video, the phone will automatically go into volume mode, which i have it down low instead of defaulting into ringer mode. you can test this with the volume button on the side. ring tone and all other notification tones are low. i just do a reboot of the phone and deal with it. been happening ever since iOS 8.1 i think.

8. meridiusuk thread starter macrumors member

I don't plug it into anything but the apple wall charger.

8.4 should be out this week so hopefully it will be fixed in that version.

9. Paco II macrumors 65816

OK might be different than by issue. I get this when plugging into my car kit. Phone seems to get confused about alert volume. I've experienced this issue since iOS 7, but always hoping the next version will fix it.