Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msizzle64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If my MBP is shut down and its charging, and when it finishes charging, the computer turns on. Also, when i connect the mag safe power adapter to the computer, it turns on with out poshing the power button. And if the computer is running of the battery for a few hours, at around 40% it shuts off. but the ginius bar gave me a new battery but ONLY that problem was fixed. when i went to the ginius bar for the other problems, they ran some hardware tests, and it passed. now they had me reinstall Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. The Problem continues. any idea of what might be going on?

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
If my MBP is shut down and its charging, and when it finishes charging, the computer turns on. Also, when i connect the mag safe power adapter to the computer, it turns on with out poshing the power button. And if the computer is running of the battery for a few hours, at around 40% it shuts off. but the ginius bar gave me a new battery but ONLY that problem was fixed. when i went to the ginius bar for the other problems, they ran some hardware tests, and it passed. now they had me reinstall Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. The Problem continues. any idea of what might be going on?

very interesting... i had this EXACT problem 4 weeks ago (in fact i had the same battery problem in february). I got to the point where I had to send my machine in for repair, but instead of doing that I wrote Apple Executive Relations and they are in the process of sending me a replacement computer. This would have been the 5th hardware problem/depot repair in a year and i got fed up... But very interesting that you have the exactly same problem i have (well, still have). I think the only solution is getting it sent out for repair... good luck!

msizzle64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
very interesting... i had this EXACT problem 4 weeks ago (in fact i had the same battery problem in february). I got to the point where I had to send my machine in for repair, but instead of doing that I wrote Apple Executive Relations and they are in the process of sending me a replacement computer. This would have been the 5th hardware problem/depot repair in a year and i got fed up... But very interesting that you have the exactly same problem i have (well, still have). I think the only solution is getting it sent out for repair... good luck!

OK. so it looks like i got to send it in AGAIN!!!!!!!. Thats going to be the 3rd time this MONTH sending it. this has been going on ever since i sent it in for a simple repair. TIMELINE: 1. sent in because of hairs behind the lcd FIXED
2. sent in because the the new LCD's inverter is making a loud whining noise FIXED. 3. go to ginius bar because of comp shuting off while running off the battery FIXED 4. go to the ginius bar because of the adapter causing the comp to power on NOT FIXED. 5. go to the ginius bar because of startup when done chargin NOT FIXED. I want a replacement computer!!!!!!!

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
Wait, did u send urs in or r u getting a new one? because if u got a new one i want a new one!!!

Woww that sucks!! What version/how old is it? In any case, three times in a month is really unacceptable. Check this thread out, though: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/310701/
Basically sending an email "Steve Jobs" gets routed to Apple Executive Relations, and giving a factual, level-headed email about what's going on with your computer will most likely land you a replacement. I bought my 17" MBP when they first came out last May, and it was replaced with a stock 17" SR MBP (with upgrades that I paid for)... Needless to say, Apple will in the end take care of their customers...

msizzle64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Woww that sucks!! What version/how old is it? In any case, three times in a month is really unacceptable. Check this thread out, though: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/310701/
Basically sending an email "Steve Jobs" gets routed to Apple Executive Relations, and giving a factual, level-headed email about what's going on with your computer will most likely land you a replacement. I bought my 17" MBP when they first came out last May, and it was replaced with a stock 17" SR MBP (with upgrades that I paid for)... Needless to say, Apple will in the end take care of their customers...

Purchesed in July 2006 MacBook Pro (15-INCH GLOSSY) 512 GB Ram (Now Upgraded to 1.5 GB) 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.4.10 Tiger (Problems started when still in 10.4.9) ok so ill send an email. but i dont get what ur trying to say. do i send an email to steve jobs or or apple executive relations. if so, whats the email address? _______@___.com????

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
Purchesed in July 2006 MacBook Pro (15-INCH GLOSSY) 512 GB Ram (Now Upgraded to 1.5 GB) 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.4.10 Tiger (Problems started when still in 10.4.9) ok so ill send an email. but i dont get what ur trying to say. do i send an email to steve jobs or or apple executive relations. if so, whats the email address? _______@___.com????

from what people have said in other posts on this site, sjobs@apple.com is the email address. It doesn't go directly to Steve, but it's definitely higher-ups that read those emails. Good luck...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.