Random mobile questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Texas_Toast, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Texas_Toast macrumors 6502

Texas_Toast

I have some random questions about mobile, since I know nothing about it...

1.) Is it possible to take a "screenshot" on an iPhone the way you can on a desktop?

2.) Is it possible to take a "screenshot" on an iPad the way you can on a desktop?

3.) In general, if you had a mobile app that worked on an iPhone, should it also work on an iPad?

4.) How much would a new iPhone cost?

5.) The developers say we are technically using a "Web View" instead of a true mobile-app. Not sure if that changes things?

These questions are based on the fact that I am supposed to create a training document for a new mobile app we are releasing at work, but we don't have any company mobile devices! (And I have never owned a smartphone or tablet myself - although if I did, I still wouldn't let my company mooch off of me!)

We have an iPad in a filing cabinet and it looks newer, but I'm not sure if that will help me out.

Ideally I would like to convince my boss to break down and buy me a new (or even used) iPhone for work so I have a way to step through the new mobile app and do decent documentation.

Sincerely,

Larry

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Here's how I would approach this, in general:

1. Google how to screenshot iphone and look through the results.

2. Google how to screenshot ipad and look through the results.

3. Google iphone apps on ipad and see what comes up. If something you find leads to another question, and you can't find the answer by searching, then post again here and post the URL of the article you read and the question you still have about it.

4. Google How much would a new iPhone cost. If that seems an obvious thing to do, then what were the results of your search? If the search gave the results you needed, then that question is answered.

I'm not sure what your question is here. "Changes things" in what regard? For the developers or for the users?

I'm not either. Try it, see what happens. You'll probably have to tell us exactly which model it is if you want more detailed replies.

3. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

You can take screenshots the same way on all iOS devices: press the lock & home buttons at the same time. Don't hold them down, that will force the device to restart.

If the app is Universal, it will work on all iOS devices.

The price of a new iPhone will depend on quite a few factors, including: which carrier it's on, whether or not it's being purchased full price, or on a payment plan. I also suggest googling it, as you may be able to get a better look at it.

4. Texas_Toast thread starter macrumors 6502

Texas_Toast

Thanks for a more reasonable response.

Good to know you can do some sort of screen capture on mobile devices.

And good to know a mobile app should also work on an iPad.

I got some good news yesterday when I found out the boss liked my idea, and is going to buy use a iPhone.

Thanks,

Larry